Friday, July 20, 2012

Christmas cards in July??

This is our last week of the 2012-13 Idea Book & Catalog over at the Sisters in Stamping. I used one of the new Christmas stamp sets called Chock-Full of Cheer. Here is my card--

I used Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Gumball Green, pulling the colors from the Designer Series Paper that I picked, Be of Good Cheer. The candy cane was stamped off and then Merry Christmas layered over the top with Cherry Cobbler. I paper pieced the mitten, stamping it 2 times and then cutting pieces of it to make it 2 toned. There is Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the candy cane and the stars on the mitten. I'm participating in the Freshly Made Sketches (FMS44) again this week.

Stop on by at the Sisters in Stamping blog to see the other cards posted for this week.

Stay cool my Friend. Happy Stamping!
Karla c(:

3 comments:

  1. I just love all this Christmas in July! I love that you made your own background to match the DSP! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun use of this new set! Love the mitten. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla, this is such a fun Christmas card and the mittens are super cute. I also really like how you showcased that fab designer paper. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete