Friday, October 7, 2011

Pressing Cookies for Friday



I did some baking for Fabulous Friday last night, and I was quite im"press"ed (-- haha, get it?) with the brand new cookie stamps! Here are my cookies cooling-- 


I used the Sugared Shortbread recipe that came with the Cookie Press, you can't see by the picture but you roll the balls of dough in sugar before you press them so they have a sparkle to them. I pulled the cookies out of the oven about 1/2 way through the baking and trimmed the edges off with a round biscuit cutter so they would have that traditional shortbread look to them. Best of all they taste fantastic, I had one this morning with my coffee! Here is a picture of the final project--

To package the cookies I used a flat cellophane bag and a felt snowflake from the Winter Wishes Stitched Felt collection (Holiday Mini Catalog, pg.30). The stitching on the snow flake is in Marina Mist thread, so the paper and ribbon coordinate beautifully. One last little detail, the bitty button for the center, quick and easy!
Item
Description
Price
125152
Includes solid wood handle with three interchangeable stamp images, two recipes, and tips for use



It was fun playing with the Cookie Stamp, I can see a family tradition forming right in front of me!

If you'd like a Cookie Press of your own stop by my Stampin' Up! Store http://karlawithak.stampinup.net

Thanks for stopping by this week, Karla c(:
$16.95

1 comment:

  1. I got mine yesterday. I was planning on trying them with peanutbutter cookies since you roll them in sugar also. Then I will package them in our Kraft boxes with maybe a Cookie Monster card that I have on my blog. Your cookies turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete