Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gift Idea's Fab Friday 12/18/09

Hello, and thanks for stopping by to visit my blog! Here is my gift idea for this week's Fabulous Friday Challenge. It's Snowman Soup in a soup can...clever, eh??

Actually it's a fruit can, all of the soup cans I found wouldn't work. Wouldn't work you say? Yes, it has to be a "special" can to be Snowman Soup. It has to have a pop top and a rimmed bottom in order to work for this project. I took the bottom off with a clean edge can opener (e-mail me to find one of your own) cleaned it out-- make sure it is really dry!
Stamp the snowflake in a random pattern on the Certainly Celery Designer Prints paper. Use Tombow Adhesive to glue paper around can and wrap with a couple of rubber bands until the glue dries.
Stamp the snowman on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock, and use the small tag punch to make tag.
Here are the contents of the can. Remember when you load the can you need to think upside down--who ever you give this lovely gift to will be opening it from the pop-top. I found the Snowman Soup Poem on line. I made copies of it with my printer, here is how it reads:
Snowman Soup
The days are getting shorter now
Winter's almost here.
With freezing weather drawing near,
You'll need a bit of cheer.
So here's a little Snowman Soup
complete with peppermint stick.
Add hot water, stir it slow.
It's sure to do the trick!
I used Crystal Effects to glue the bottom back on--a little goes a long way! I found the small whisks on the Internet (again, e-mail me for the web site and item number).
Here is a picture of the pop top opened.

SU! Supplies--

Stamp sets: Two Cool Dudes (pg.30, IB&C 2009-10). Accessories: Tag punch, Small Tag punch, Basic Black marker, crop-a-dile, Tombow Adhesive, 1" double stitched ribbon, Crystal Effects. Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Certainly Celery Designer Prints Series. Ink: Certainly Celery.

Happy stamping-
Karla c(:

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 22. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a wonderful idea! So creative!

    ReplyDelete