Friday, October 9, 2009

It's time for Fab Friday!!

Welcome to my baby blog! Our assignment this week over at Sisters in Stamping was to use a BigShot Bigz die. Here is my offering for the Fab Friday project...



I used Bold Bright re-inkers to tie-dye a basket coffee filter! To do this technique flatten a 4-cup coffee, and fold in 1/2, and then into a 1/4, and then into an 1/8th. Start in the tip of the filter with the lightest color and work out to the darkest color. Unfold your tie-dye flat and allow it to dry. I used the Bigz Clear Flower die so it's easy to center the tie-dye in your flower.

SU! Supplies--

Stamp sets: Warm Words (pg.141- IB&C 2009-10), Itty bitty backgrounds (pg.132- IB&C 2009-10). Accessories: Big Shot Bigz Clear die, clear buttons, white pearl cotton, Modern Label punch, Bold Bright brads. Paper: Lovely Lilac card stock, Whisper White card stock. Ink: Classic Lovely Lilac, Classic re-inkers Yo-yo Yellow, Only Orange, Real Red, Lovely Lilac and Tempting Turquoise.

Here is another card I did for a Big Shot class a couple of months ago. I used the same die...

For this card I purchased a Fat Quarter at the fabric store, you can find them in the quilting section. I knew I wanted to use the Pumpkin corduroy buttons so I took a piece of Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun card stock with me to match the fabric. To adhere the fabric to the card stock I watered down some Tombow glue (2 parts glue, 1 part water). Make sure the fabric/card stock is completely dry before you run it through the BigShot.

SU! Supplies--
Stamp sets: Flight of the Butterfly (pg.108- IB&C 2009-10). Accessories: Big Shot Bigz Clear die, Daisy Flower sizzlit die, Pumpkin Pie corduroy buttons. Paper: Summer Sun card stock, Pumpkin Pie card stock. Ink: Classic Real Red, Classic Summer Sun.

Make sure you stop over at Sisters, if you haven't been there already. Thank-you so much for stopping by-- see you next week!

Karla c(:

No comments:

Post a Comment